Sunday, June 15, 2008

Keeping Busy


For the last year and a half I have been taking care of my Grandma who has alzheimers. It can be really difficult at times, but when you realize how much your presence means to her, it is all worth it. Grandma is extremely attached to Draeven and we try to go for a walk every day. It is quite a chore trying to keep track of Grandma and Draeven, and also my unruly Basset Hound, Gus. But these are the moments when she is really happy and that is what I hope to remember.

3 comments:

RVLAH said...

Jenn, you are such a sweetheart. I would love to help you on those walks...I can barely muster up enough energy to take Lily on a walk, so you must be exhausted after one of yours. How is Grandma doing lately?
Your new house is way cute! We're glad it worked out so well for you guys.

T.J. and Jennifer Miner said...

Grandma seems to be going downhill lately. She gets depressed often, and her memory deteriorates more every day. The only person who can get her out of bed each morning is my little Draeven boy. She sees him and completely lights up.

katieltj said...

It is such a blessing that you are able to spend this treasured time with Grandma....there will be a day when she will remember all that you are doing for her. You're such a sweet person to take the time to be there for "my Grandma" :) Good Job Jenn!