Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday Boy

Draeven turned 1 year old on Friday last week. We had quite the gathering for the celebration. We fit more than 35 people in our front room and kitchen. He didn't dig in to the cake quite like I expected but he still made a pretty good mess. We had his cousin Ethan trying to show him what to do, but that didn't help much cause Ethan didn't want to get cake on himself. Draeven was pretty overwhelmed as most one year olds are on their first birthday, but he did pretty well with opening his presents and sharing with all of his cousins that were there. I was looking through the pictures thinking to myself, "I am really a mom now with a one year old kid. It was weird to see myself doing what my mom used to do. I guess it should have hit me before now, but it is just strange. What a blessing. I couldn't ask for a happier little boy! If I could just figure out how to get him to eat anything but sweets, I'd feel like I was doing an ok job. Although he seemed more interested in the toy car than the cake.

No comments: