Most of my blog consists of pictures, I love to capture our every day moments, and pictures are worth a thousand words right? Well, I figured I ought to post a little about what we have been doing lately.
Until exactly one month ago, my life was pretty occupied with helping take care of my Grandmother(G.G.). She has alzheimers. Anyone who has never dealt with the it, count your blessings. It is truly a cruel disease. Grandma's health is excellent, but her mind is betraying her body. I was part of her daily life for over two years and it is really strange to be sitting here at home now, not felling an overwhelming need to be with her making sure she is ok. She moved into an assisted living home on June 17. I still think about her all the time, and still worry how she is doing, but at least now we don't worry about her safety. I have managed to keep myself pretty busy, doing all of the little things that I meant to do but just couldn't find time for. I have also been helping my other Grandma at her dance store.
It has been nice to have one on one time with my little buddy. Draeven is doing really well. He is really smart, he is starting to eat alot better, and I do think he is growing, even if he is only 21 lbs. at 21 months. He is so funny and learning so much every day. He brings so much joy to our lives.
T.J. has been working extra long hours. He is still working for U.P.S. in the mornings and hoping for a driving position that probably won't come for quite some time considering the economy. He is also working construction again and has been putting in 12 hour days. It is hard on him, but we are grateful that he has work. His latest hobby is becoming an aquarist. His TV fish tank got him started, and now we have 2 tanks and one in progress. I don't mind this hobby cause it is something that Draeven and I can share and enjoy with him. Overall, we are doing well and we are mostly happy most of the time.
Bob the Crab
Draeven really likes to look at the crabs at the pet store so we put a small tank in his bedroom with a crab and the accidental baby fish that showed up in our tank. He was extremely excited about the whole thing. It has been fun. It is amazing to me that he can remember the names we have given the fish and identify most of them as well.
1 comment:
This is my favorite I show it to everyone I can haha! I love Draeven and the Bob!
Post a Comment