Friday, January 9, 2009

Superglue Whoops...



























T.J. will probably kill me if he sees that I posted this on our blog, but I just couldn't resist. I laughed so hard. As some of you know, T.J. has taken up the hobby of painting miniatures. (Little figure pieces for games like Warhammer.) Some of these miniatures require some assembly with the use of strong superglue... Ha Ha! The other evening, T.J. yelled up the stairs for me to bring him a cup of water, sensing the urgency in his voice, I came as quickly as I could, then immediately raced back upstairs for the camera. He ended up having to cut his fingers apart when the warm water didn't dissolve the glue between them. I LOVE YOU HONEY! Please don't be mad!



When he begins, these miniatures are solid gray plastic or metal. The detail he adds to them blows my mind. He is getting really good, he has entered a few painting contests and won people's choice at one of them. I don't know where the picture of the winner is though. These ones are kind of old... some of his newer models are pretty amazing. You can see how tiny they are, T.J. is holding this one with his fingers.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

wow!! thats amazing, i cant believe he paints those, they look amazing!! next time he superglues his fingers use hairspray on it, i guess the chemicals in hairspray can disolve superglue!! my hubby does it all the tim!!!

Jerry and Ella said...

Just wanted to say WOW!! That looks like something I could enjoy doing. But to see that a guy likes to do it is amazing and he does it so well. The super glue thing is funny but I totally can relate to it. The good thing is that it will wear off SOMEDAY!!