Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Minor Surgery

"Minor" surgery kinda makes me laugh, when we were checking Draeven in for his surgery, I was reading through to make sure everything was correct on the paperwork, and thought that they had spelled our last name wrong until I looked a little closer and realized that it was stating that Draeven was not an adult. Luckily I didn't say anything to embarrass myself, but later T.J. pointed out that they had spelled it wrong on the paper bag to hold his belongings. The nurse politely informed him that it was not an error, it was referring to our son as a child under 18. It is also kinda funny cause it is a minor (not major) surgery on a little Miner boy. HaHa!
























Since Draeven was two months old, we have struggled with infections in his eyes due to blocked tear ducts. His left eye cleared up on it's own by the time he was about nine months old, but his right eye has continued to give us trouble, so we decided to go ahead and have the surgeon probe his tear duct. I was really anxious and worried about the procedure, but Draeven did very well and he was only in the operating room for about 15 minutes.


























The anesthesia made Draeven really cranky, but luckily we had a wonderful nurse whom we happen to know who was able to get hime calmed down with some books and toys. Thanks Lucinda!!!

2 comments:

Indigo Warrior said...

I'm glad everything went well Jen. It's me Linda. I come up under my "Indigo Warrior" blog. I haven't started my fammily one yet. Take care!

ravenwaves888 said...

poor little guy-i hope hes doing better!